Thursday, February 9, 2012

Rooting for Joy

Two weeks from right now and we should be cruising at a high altitude above the Atlantic Ocean, beginning our journey back home. I just wanted to write a quick note and ask for prayer as we finish up our time here. Our last couple weeks are packed with last minute things.A few more doctor appointments, visits with friends, one more sermon for James at our home church this coming Sunday, a couple more trips to Target and Walmart and we should be set.
Then there is packing. The weighing of the packed bags, rearranging things so they are at the limit, packing more bags deciding what to leave behind because we can't fit it in, or because we didn't need it in the first place-then reweighing the bags again! 6 of the 24 are good to go. Packed fully and weighing in right around the limit.

Often it is during these times that I get stressed and sadly, irritable and awnry, or is it ownry--either way I don't know how to spell it cause I shouldn't be that anyway! I was telling a friend no matter what, it seems like any trip we plan for and pack for, even when we lived here, I always get tense and stressed the day before and morning of. So, here is where my praying friends can remember me and my family.

We have 2 more weeks. As James tells me, we are getting on that plane with what we have and if things don't make it that is fine, we will be ok. It would be great if these next 2 weeks were a time of joy and peace and happiness. Not of stress and crankiness. The indicators of the last few days would point to the latter. I am rooting for the former and praying for that too. I can root all I want for it but without Jesus giving the grace and strength and joy, I know I won't be very fun to be around! So thanks in advance for your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. We will continue to pray for you! I understand what it is like to get stressed about traveling. Whenever we have to travel in the car for 13hrs straight with 3-4 kids, I become a very unhappy person. I can't imagine how much harder it is to travel halfway around the world! I will pray that this time of preparation will go smoothly and that you will have peace and happiness.
    JanelleS

    ReplyDelete