Saturday, July 31, 2010

Answered Prayer- Help is on the Way

Last Sunday morning I sent an email to another friend who was interested in coming to work in Zambia.
Details were being worked out, and we were looking at probably February for her to come.

Feeling overwhelmed and heavy hearted with all that needed to be done, (having just spent time Saturday with the kids in Ndola) I wrote an email. I admitted that it was probably based on some emotions at the time but I laid out how we need help, and NOW, and can she come any sooner. I do believe at times, the Lord moves upon us and stirs our emotions to have us do what He wants us to do.

I didn't hear back for a couple days, which made me think I was either too forward to ask, or she was working on it.
Thankfully it was the latter. We drove home Monday afternoon from the Copperbelt. James and I discussed on the way home all the work that there is to do and how it would be great to have help soon.
When I woke the next morning I prayed specifically for the Lord to bring help.

Immediately after my devotions I opened my email to check and the Lord had answered that prayer. She had worked things out to come and details were rapidly falling into place. Within a couple more days she had tickets and now has a date for coming. In less than a week, the Lord had moved things and showed that He had been preparing the way.

Her name is Katryn Belke. She is from our home church in Louisville and her heart is here in Zambia. She has been on 2 short term summer mission trips while she was in college and since that time has desired to come back. Her parents are very supportive of her and encouraging her to come and work alongside us. This has been a great blessing.

Please rejoice with us in God answering prayer. Please pray for her as she finishes her preparations and for safety in traveling and transition well to life here in Zambia.

There is much work to be done. If you remember a few months back in April, another friend Leah Falciola visited and still desires greatly to come and work. She is more than ready.
Please pray that the Lord would move among hearts and that she too could come now and work alongside Katryn and I in the orphan ministry.
The work that needs to be done would be better done with two people going to Kabanana together, or traveling up to the Copperbelt every other month to meet with the kids there. Others have expressed desires as well to come and help in different capacities. We thank God that He is putting the work on the hearts of others.
The Harvest IS plentiful.

1 comment:

  1. I've known Katryn a long time, and this is awesome that you're getting such a godly and eager worker to join you in the work!

    ReplyDelete